Thrust area: Caring & Growing
UESI is historically known to be a fellowship of sons and daughters of the one true living God, who has called us to share in His kingdom works. Care, concern, and compassion are the hallmarks of Gods kingdom. UESI, right from its beginning has experienced and witnessed individuals and families caring for the student, staff, and graduate community.
In Acts 2:42-47, we read “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts,47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.”
As a community of believers, we need to continuously replicate the early church. As we care and share with others, God will help the movement to grow with more students who will seek to be His disciples. What people need is not just the gospel being read out or given out through a sermon or a bible study – what they need is a disciple of Christ who will care for them, have compassion for them, love them, as Jesus did.
Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.” – attributed to Theodore Roosevelt
So let us pray regularly and work towards emulate the following principles in our personal lives
1. God will make us people who are sensitive to the real needs of people and genuinely care for them, especially in these days.
2. We will respond to the needs of our members as well as the student community at large. Rather than searching for a neighbour, let us through our concern and compassion, be the right neighbour to many around us.
3. More than our programs and activities, the students will know God and experience God’s love, through our personal actions and lifestyles.
4. We shall abide in Him, remain in Him, and thus bear fruits, that will last.
5. May His kingdom be established in India, through UESI as we minister to the campus students and reach them, care for them and nurture them to grow in His likeness.
Sony Abraham, Former Board Secretary, UESI