West Bengal North Region Graduates’ Get together
UESI-WB North Region Graduates’ Get together was organized by Siliguri EGF on 12th January, 2019, at Siliguri. Twenty-four graduates including a few new members, participated in the programme along with staff workers Bro. Philip Maiko and Bro. John D. families. The main Speaker for the day was Bro. C. P. Thomas, President of WBEGF.
Bro. Thomas encouraged the graduates to keep on sowing the seed of God’s Word among the students trying to ensure that they fall on good ground and yield ample harvest. The devotion was followed by an overview of the UESI Ministry, and West Bengal Ministry by Bro. John D. and Bro. Philip Maiko.
We had a Panel Discussion on Owning the Ministry. The key takeaway points from the panel discussions are:
- Taking up responsibility, ownership of ministry
- Managing and tithing time
- Praying for specific students and quiet time
- Keeping Open Home
- Creativity and reinvention/innovation in methodology of dealing with students and mentoring.
- Developing passion to meet new people, to take the gospel to others.
- Relationship building
- Investing in the lives of students & making disciples.
Bro. C. P. Thomas led the gathering to a meditation on Mentoring. He encouraged everyone to persevere in evangelizing and mentoring students to build them up in the Lord, and not to get disheartened when things do not work out as planned sometimes.
North Regional Core Group was formed and dedicated during the programme.
The programme was very encouraging and motivational for all the participants. New members received the needed input on the vision and practical involvement in the Student Ministry. It was a learning time for all.
– Sis. Anukampa Subba, Graduate-Kalimpong EGF.